Ackah Immigration Law
Ackah Immigration Law Review in 50 Words
Focusing exclusively on immigration law, Ackah Law or Ackah Immigration Law is (www.ackahlaw.com) founded and run by lawyer Evelyn Ackah.
She is a managing lawyer at the company and has been in practice since 1999 with recognition in the Law Society of Alberta and Law Society of Upper Canada. Along with the managing lawyer, the company also employs an associate lawyer and a contract US Attorney. The firm is based in Calgary, Alberta, and deals with both personal and corporate immigration cases.
Why are We Hesitant about Recommending Ackah Immigration Law?
There are two main categories of immigration/visa and law services offered by Ackah Law:
- Personal Immigration
This is for individuals and families and includes the following immigration and non-immigration visa programs:
- Permanent Residency via Express Entry, Provincial Nominee Program, Family Sponsorship, Self-Employed Applications, Entrepreneur Applications, Home Caregiver/ Support Worker, Start-Up Visa Program, Global Skills Stream, Quebec Immigration (QEP), Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ), and Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ).
- Tourist/Visitor Visa including Super Visas, eTA, and Temporary Resident Visas.
- Work Permit and LMIA, along with International Mobility Program, Global Talent Stream, NAFTA (North America Free Trade Agreement), CETA (Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement), CCFTA (Canada-Chile Free Trade Agreement), GATS (General Agreement on Trades in Services) and Intra-Company Job.
- Study Permit including IEC Co-op Internship, Canadian Experience Class, and Post Graduate Work Permit.
- IEC Young Professionals, IEC Working Holiday Program, and Super Visa.
- Inadmissibility Issues and Waivers including Medical Inadmissibility, Criminal Inadmissibility, Marijuana Legalization and Decriminalization, U.S Visa Waivers of Inadmissibility and Temporary Resident Permit.
- Corporate Immigration
These services are specifically designed for businesses and include the following:
- Cross-Border Business Immigration (Canada and U.S) including Self-Employed, U.S Business Visitor and Tourist Visas, Treaty Traders and Investors E-1 and E.2 Visas, Speciality Occupations: H-1B Visa, Study Permit: F-1 Visa, Intra-Company Transfers: L-1 Visa and TN NAFTA Visa.
- Business Travel including eTA, Temporary Residence, Business Visitors, and Work Permit Exemptions.
- Work Permits
- Permanent Residency Programs including Self-Employed and Entrepreneur Applications.
- Business Immigration Programs
- Inadmissibility Issues and Waivers
- Temporary Foreign Worker
There is sufficient information about all the services they offer, along with a free CRS score calculator and a whole section of resources that mentions selection factors, newsletters, podcasts, free eBooks, and a checklist for documents – all of which greatly help with the entire immigration process.
There is no mention of post-landing services on the website which we consider as a downside.
The one-hour legal consultation fee is $500 after a free initial assessment via filling out a form and talking on the phone. There is no mention of visa packages under any service that could be helpful in estimating the cost of the process for new clients.
The company gives an overall impression of having dedicated customer service. The team is quite decent in size, which indicates that they are prompt with their responses.
The website does have a live chat option but it asks for contact information rather than answering queries with prompt responses which made us wonder what is the purpose of the chat.
Ackah Law offers an impressive range of visa services for both immigration and non-immigration applications, and they provide sufficient resources – most of them free, including podcasts, eBooks, and a checklist to make their client’s life easy.
There is no mention of post-landing services such as help with housing/rent, financial assistance, and resettlement services. Those services can make the settlement much easier for new immigrants. Further, finding all those services in a single place could turn this agency into a preferred one.
We found Ackah Law to be transparent and informative about the team that works together to help further your immigration case. The two registered RCICs mentioned on their website are Ginette Mangena and Regina Ramos and having only two lawyers makes us wonder whether they can handle the number of applications they receive. Information about consultant lawyers is also present, but there is no registration number mentioned for any of them.
Ackah Law has a Facebook page with over 4.8k followers with regular posts but no interaction with possible new clients. You can also find them on Instagram with over 1k followers and regular postings, Twitter with even fewer followers but regular updates, and a YouTube channel with a wealth of knowledge and 870 subscribers.
Get in Touch
- Phone numbers: +1 (587) 316-9082 and +1 (587) 316-9082
- Toll-free number Canada and US: +1 (800) 932-1190
- Email: email@example.com
- CalgaryAddress: Ackah Business Immigration Law Suite 101, 1401 – 1 Street SE Calgary, Alberta T2G 2J3
- Vancouver Address: Ackah Business Immigration Law 1150, 855 W. Georgia Street Vancouver, BC. V6C 2G2
- Toronto Address: Ackah Business Immigration Law Toronto Waterpark Place, 20 Bay Street, 11th Floor Toronto, Ontario M5J 2N8
We found Ackah Law driven, devoted and passionate with moving backstories and impressive contributions. A lot of information can be found on their website, and they seem to have strong customer support.
You can check other alternatives with better client reviews on our top recommended immigration consultants page.
- Great online visibility
- A large number of services and resources available on the website
- No mention of price packages
- Little information about RCIC agents
- Pricier services